Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Turn Signals Working

With the switch mounted and a new electronic, universal motorcycle flasher installed (the one I bought previously was mechanical and failed to work properly) I was ready to wire up the new signals. I mounted the front signals to the sides of the headlight can, as they are on Honda CBs. For the rears I made two brackets (one for each side) that I screwed to existing threaded inserts I found on the frame, and mounted the signals to these brackets. Note that I had some initial problems getting the signals to work due to insufficient grounding. The signals have case grounds, so I used ring terminals attached to the turn signal post mountings to ground all signals to a good ground (there was an available green wire under the seat and one in the headlamp can). Here is a short video of the working signals:


No comments:

Post a Comment